Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Cheryl has been in nursing education for the past 17 years. She has experience in both the traditional and online setting and in a broad spectrum of lab and clinical settings. She has held leadership roles within the nursing program as Chair of Faculty Affairs governance committee and local course coordinator of a capstone nursing class. She is an active member of the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission serving as a site visitor and an Evaluation Review Panel member.
Medical-Surgical Nursing , Critical care nursing- cardiovascular services
Transition of student nurses to graduate entry level nurses and NCLEX testing.
- MS, Nursing Education/Administration, University of Phoenix, 2005
- BS, Nursing, Mt. Marty College, 2001
- Diploma in Nursing, Nursing, Sioux Valley Hospital School of Nursing, 1981
- Breast Health Awareness for Young Women, $3,500 Grant - primary writer, Susan G. Komen Foundation, (2010 - 2011)
- Mobile Computing Initiative Best Practices, $1,900 Grant, Center for Teaching and Learning, (2011)
- Mobile Computing Initiative Best Practices, $2,800 Grant - one of two primary writers, Center for Teaching and Learning - USD, (2010)
Awards and Honors:
- Nominated for Nursing Excellence Award 2011, USD Nursing, 2011
- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society , Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society , 2005