Dr. Dawn Warren
Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Rapid City 211
I have been a nurse educator for 21 years. I recently completed the Ed.D program. My specialty areas are emergency and critical care.
Nursing, especially cardiac, critical care, and emergency nursing
How nursing students learn best, and predictors for success in nursing school, as well as how employment affects nursing student success
- EDD, Educational Administration, University of South Dakota, 2014
- MS, Nursing Education, South DAkota State University, 2000
Awards and Honors:
- Awarded the Harry Dykstra Memorial Scholarship, USD- EDAD division, 2013
- South Dakota Nurses Foundation scholarship winner, South Dakota Nurses Foundation- South Dakota Nurses Association, 2013
- Rookie of the Year, South Dakota Nurses Association, 2013
- Nominated (did not win) for the 2013 School of Health Sciences Outstanding Faculty Award for Distinguished Service, USD School of Health Sciences, 2013
- nominated for the SHS Outstanding Faculty Award for Distinguished Service, USD School of Health Sciences, 2013
- Excellence in Teaching, USD Department of Nursing, 2011
- Johnson, H., Warren, D. (2013, May). Moulage for Simulation. Presented at the USD Nursing Statewide Faculty Meeting, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Johnson, H., Warren, D., Ray, A., Kraft, A. (2012, October). Simulation Development Utilizing a User-Friendly Template. Presented at the CAE Healthcare's Simulation in Rural America, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Dieter, C., Johnson, H., Kraft, A., Luken, R., Feller, L., Ray, A., Warren, D. (2012, April). The Use of Simulation to Develop Interprofessional Collaboration and Communication. Presented at the Research Conference, Lee Medical Building, Vermillion.
- Dieter, C., Feller, L., Kleinhesselink, A., Johnson, H., Luken, R., Ray, A., Warren, D. (2012, April). The Use of Simulation to Develop Interprofessional Collaboration & Communication. Presented at the School of Health Sciences Research Conference, Vermillion, SD.
- Warren, D., Symes, J. (2011, July). Having Difficulties Dealing with Unprofessional STudent Behavior?? Try This!. Presented at the 22nd Annual Nurse Educator Conference in the Rockies, Breckenrdige, Colorado.
- Warren, D., Symes, J. (2011, July). Just Do It! Increasing the Understadning and use of Evidence-Based Practice in Both Faculty and Students. Presented at the 22nd Annual Nurse Educators Conference in teh Rockies, Breckenridge, Colo.