Dr. Ellie Brooks
Nursing, School of Health Sciences
US13 Wagner Center: Alumni Association, Foundation 229
Dr. Brooks is currently the Associate Chair of Academics, BSN/RN-BSN Director, Watertown Site Director, and Associate Professor. She has over 30 years of combined experience in cardiopulmonary adult health nursing, education and administration. Prior to assuming this role, she was the USD Rapid City Nursing Campus Director.
Research, Evidence Based Practice, Ethics, Professional Role Development and Leadership
Evidence based research to improve nursing education, collaborative practice, profession and role development.
- Ph D, Research & Knowledge Development/Nursing, University of Tennessee, 1995
- MS, Science/Nursing, University of Central Arkansas, 1988
- BS, Science/Nursing, Creighton University, 1981
- BS, Biology, University of Nebraska , 1979
- Certificate for Licensed Practical Nurse, Practical Nursing, Sioux Falls School of Practical Nursing, 1971
- Partners Investing in Nursing's Future, John T. Vucurevich Foundation and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, (2009 - 2011)
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Scholarship, USD Department of Nursing, 2010