Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Heidi Schmidt has been a faculty member with USD since 1999, teaching primarily at the Watertown campus. Heidi currently teaches in N282 and N286.
Medical, surgical, and community nursing.
- Masters in Nursing, University of Phoenix, 2002
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1993
- Breast Cancer Awareness of Young Women, Susan G. Komen, (2010)
- Cultural Care for Life, Watertown Community Foundation and Benedictine Multicultural Center, (2009)
Awards and Honors:
- Seagull Club Award , Lake Area Technical Institute, 2011
- Sigma Theta Tau International, University of Phoenix, 2011
- Schmidt, H. (2014, May). Face to Face; Yet Miles Away. Presented at the USD Faculty Showcase, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Schmidt, H. (2010, July). "Nursing Programs Share Lab and Resources". Presented at the NurseTimTUBE, webinar.
- Schmidt, H., Nerud, K. (2010, January). "Sumergir el oficio de enfermera Estudiantes en diversidad cultural" (Immersing Nursing Students into Cultural Diversity). Presented at the 22nd Annual Conference for Teachers of Nursing Practice, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Schmidt, H. (2009, September). "Culture Care for Life". Presented at the NEDDS , Mitchell, SD.
- Schmidt, H. (2009, March). "1+1=122". Presented at the 8th Annual International Nursing Simulation/Learning Resource Centers Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.