Nursing, School of Health Sciences
UJA Julian Hall 217
Helene has practiced as a nurse for over 25 years in a variety of areas. Her areas of practice include medical/surgical, emergency department, ENT clinic, school nursing, and rural health. Helene is a clinical, lab, and classroom nursing instructor and is intent on seeking out community opportunities for USD nursing students. Helene is pursuing a Post-Master's Certificate in Public Health Nursing from the University of North Dakota.
Nursing Clinical, Public Health, and Professionalism
Childhood Obesity, Senior Safety
- Post-Masters Certificate-Public Health, Public Health Nursing, University of North Dakota, 2015
- MS, Walden University, 2011
- BS, Mount Marty College, 1986
- Hegge, H. K., Kuchta, M. (2014, November). "In the Mood" for A Wellness Chat. Presented at the Crofton Senior Center, Crofton, Nebraska.
- Hegge, H. K. (2014, March). The Use of Docucare to Promote Active Learning.
- Hegge, H., Jorgensen, K. (2012, March). Females First. Presented at the Women's Health, Vermillion, S.D..