Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Kim is a Professor with RN-BSN USD Nursing Program and pursuing a PhD in Nursing with an expected completion December 2014. She teaches in community health, research and capstone. She has served on several USD Nursing Committees. Kim has been a nursing educator for several years, her prior nursing experiences include working in rural hospitals, geriatric care, and critical care.
Geriatric Nursing, Community Health, Research/Evidence-Based Practice, Leadership, and Capstone
- Degree on completion - PhD , Nursing, South Dakota State Unversity,
- MS, Nursing/Healthcare Education, University of Phoenix Online, 2006
- BS, Nursing, South Dakota State University , 2001
- AAS, Nursing, University of South Dakota, 2000
- Diploma, Nursing, Lake Area Technical Institute , 1999
- Schmidt, H., Nerud, K., (2010), "Immersing students into cultural diversity", South Dakota and North Dakota Boards of Nursing, vol. 8, iss. 3, p. 2.
- Nerud, K., (2005), Meeting Nursing Shortage Needs Through Educational Partnerships: LPN to RN Under One Roof, Home Health Care Management & Practice, vol. 18, iss. 1, pp. 44-48.