School of Health Sciences: Nursing, Health Affairs
Kim is an Associate Professor with USD Nursing Program in Watertown and pursuing a PhD in Nursing with an expected completion summer 2014. She is the local course coordinator for N282 and serves on USD Nursing Student Affairs Committee. Kim has been in nursing education for several years, her nursing experiences prior include working in rural hospitals, geriatric care, and critical care.
Geriatric Nursing, Community Health, Research/Evidence-Based Practice, and Leadership
- Degree on completion - PhD , Nursing, South Dakota State Unversity,
- MS, Nursing/Healthcare Education, University of Phoenix Online, 2006
- BS, Nursing, South Dakota State University , 2001
- AAS, Nursing, University of South Dakota, 2000
- Diploma, Nursing, Lake Area Technical Institute , 1999
- Schmidt, H., Nerud, K., (2010), "Immersing students into cultural diversity", South Dakota and North Dakota Boards of Nursing, vol. 8, iss. 3, p. 2.
- Nerud, K., (2005), Meeting Nursing Shortage Needs Through Educational Partnerships: LPN to RN Under One Roof, Home Health Care Management & Practice, vol. 18, iss. 1, pp. 44-48.