Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Lisa Feller, Academic Director, has a wide range of experience in nursing education and has held multiple leadership positions in acute care and public health. She is a Certified Nurse Educator through the National League for Nursing and has been directly involved in program endeavors involving curricular design and implementation of simulation. Lisa has also been involved in national nursing initiatives including the Robert Wood Johnson Quality and Safety Education for Nurses project.
Nursing, Leadership, Adult Health, Simulation
Simulation, Quality and Safety in Healthcare
- EDD, Adult & Higher Education, University of South Dakota , 2014
- MS, Nursing Administration, Clinical Nurse Specialist, South Dakota State University, 1994
- BS, Nursing, Morningside College, 1986
- Brown, R., Feller, L., Benedict, L., (2010), Reframing nursing education: the Quality and Safety Education for Nurse initiative., Teaching and Learning in Nursing, vol. 5, iss. 3, pp. 115-118.
- Feller, L., Benedict, L., Brown, R., (2009), Two South Dakota Schools of Nursing Involved in National Quality and Safety Initiative: Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN), South Dakota Nurse, vol. 51, iss. 3, p. 13.
- Ray, A., Hunsley, A., Koenecke, L., Feller, L., (2008), Low-fidelity simulation: Care of the post-CABG patient. QSEN.org.
- Feller, L., Hunsley, A., Ray, A., Lucia, S. M., (2005), Rural South Dakota: The power of education and care delivery partnership, Home Healthcare Management and Practice, vol. 18, iss. 1, pp. 40-43.
- Larson, J., Benedict, L., Brown, R., Feller, L., (2005), The Journey of Excellence: A South Dakota Nursing Program’s Response to Community Needs. , Home Healthcare Management & Practice, vol. 18, iss. 1, pp. 20-26.
Awards and Honors:
- Excellence in Scholarship , USD Department of Nursing, 2014
- Morningside College Nursing Alumna of the Year, Morningside College Department of Nursing, 2010
- Feller, L. (2013, May). Prairie Futures: An Innovative Rural Healthcare Workforce and Economic Development Partnership. Presented at the National Rural Healthcare Association Annual Conference, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Dieter, C., Johnson, H., Kraft, A., Luken, R., Feller, L., Ray, A., Warren, D. (2012, April). The Use of Simulation to Develop Interprofessional Collaboration and Communication. Presented at the Research Conference, Lee Medical Building, Vermillion.
- Feller, L., Magorian, K. (2010, June). Upfront and Measureable: Using QSEN Competencies as a Framework for an Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum. Presented at the 2010 QSEN National Forum, Denver, Colorado.
- Feller, L. (2010, April). The Quality and Safety Education for Nurses Initiative: Reshaping Professional Identity Formation. Presented at the 2010 Maud Adams Research Day, Sioux City, Iowa.
- Feller, L. (2009, October). Quality and Safety Education for Nurses. Presented at the South Dakota Nurses Association Convention: Rejuvenate, Renew, and Rejoice...Nurturing the Nurse Within, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Feller, L. (2009, January). Clinical Toolkits: A Powerful Resource for Clinical Faculty. Presented at the 21st Annual conference for Teachers of Nursing Practice - Quality and Safety in Nursing Education: What Every Nurse Must Know and How We Might Teach Them, Madison, Wisconsin.
- Feller, L. (2007, September). What?...Give Up Lecture?...Surely You Jest!. Presented at the Nurse Educator Summit, Phoenix, Arizona.