Nursing, School of Health Sciences
Rapid City 210
Undergraduate Nursing. Care of the medically complex client. Clinical education of the undergraduate nurse. Using simulation to enhance nursing education and prepare students for clinical.
Enhancing critical thinking in undergraduate nursing students. Utilization of "The purposeful sit down" and "60 Second Situational Assessment"in undergraduate nursing clinicals. Early onset nursing skill immersion as an effort to enhance critical thinking in later semesters. Adult Learning Theories utilized in Nursing and Therapy Professions related to Adult Client Health Education. Faculty and student reception and perceptions of E-Texts in ASN education. Best practices in E-Text utilization in Nurisng. Reaching the student's affective domain as a tool to promote significant learning.
- Ed.d in progress-expected completion Spring 2015, Adult and Higher Education, University of South Dakota, 2015
- MSN- Master's in Nursing, Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner, South Dakota State University, 2006
- BSN-Bacheolor's of Science in Nursing, Nursing, South Dakota State University, 1992
Awards and Honors:
- Nomination for Belbas- Larson Excellence in Teaching Award, USD, 2015
- Honored as America's Top Faculty, Faculty Row, 2014
- Top Rate Instructor in School of Health Sciences SP 2014, USD, 2014