RN to BSN Admission Criteria
Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Graduate of a regionally and NLNAC or ACEN accredited Associate Degree or Diploma Nursing Program
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing
- Cumulative GPA 2.7 or above in prerequisite RN-BSN general education requirements.
- A grade of C or above is required for all support coursework. Completion of the RN to BSN support coursework is recommended prior to beginning the program. Consult RN-BSN Advisor for questions.
- Complete RN to BSN Program application in Nursing CAS.
- Court documents if applicable associated with the criminal background self-disclosure form included in the application packet
- Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection is
required. Personal computer requirements for programming access will be
provided upon request
Admission is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty, clinical facilities and resources available.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The Nursing Department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission. Falsification of information or documentation will be considered grounds for dismissal from the University of South Dakota Nursing Program.
After conditional acceptance and before applicants are fully
admitted to the program, applicants must meet the Nursing Terms of Acceptance.