Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Graduate of a State Board of Nursing approved program required. Students who do not graduate from an ACEN or NLNAC accredited or Associate Degree or Diploma Nursing Program will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing
- A grade of C or above is required for all support and nursing coursework (including courses from prior nursing program). Completion of the RN to BSN support coursework is recommended prior to beginning the program. Consult RN-BSN Advisor for questions.
- A complete application for the USD Nursing program must be received by the published deadlines.
- Access to a computer with high-speed Internet and virus protection is required. Personal computer requirements for programming access will be provided upon request
- Three references.
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen (completed upon notice of conditional acceptance).
- Meets all RN-BSN admission criteria.
Admission is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty, clinical facilities and resources available.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The Nursing Department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission. Falsification of information or documentation will be considered grounds for dismissal from the University of South Dakota Nursing Program.
After conditional acceptance and before applicants are fully admitted to the program, applicants must meet the Nursing Terms of Acceptance.