Applicants will be evaluated for conditional acceptance based on the following criteria:
- Unconditional admission to USD (i.e. student is not on probationary status)
- Graduate of a state board of nursing-approved program required. Students who do not graduate from an ACEN- or NLNAC-accredited program, possess an associate degree or graduate from a diploma nursing program will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing
- A grade of C or above is required for all support and nursing coursework (including courses from prior nursing program). Completion of the RN-to-B.S.N support coursework is recommended prior to beginning the program. Contact RN-B.S.N. advisor Cheryl.Fischbach@usd.edu with any questions.
- A complete application for the nursing program must be received by the published deadlines.
- Access to a computer with high-speed internet and virus protection is required. Personal computer requirements for programming access will be provided upon request
- Three references
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen (completed upon notice of conditional acceptance)
- Meets all RN-B.S.N. admission criteria
Admission is competitive. The number of students admitted is limited by the number of faculty, clinical facilities and resources available.
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance. The department reserves the right to deny admission based on the best interest of the profession. Failure to disclose previous or pending convictions may lead to denial of admission. Falsification of information or documentation will be considered grounds for dismissal from the program.
View Nursing Terms of Acceptance