Instructor Egan is a member of the faculty on the USD Vermillion campus and her teaching is grounded in broad health care experience. With board certification in cardiovascular nursing, Teri has clinical expertise in adult acute and critical cardiovascular nursing. Her nursing leadership experience includes successfully guiding efforts to attain Magnet Certification and development of a hospital based shared leadership model and Professional Nurses Organization. Her executive management experience includes administration of a rural critical care access hospital and the State of Colorado's Medically Indigent Program. Teri enjoys working with students and she is currently pursuing her PhD in nursing at the University of Wisconsin.
Cardiovascular Nursing; Health Policy, Financing and Regulation
Health policy; Health services research
- PhD in Nursing Student, University of Wisconsin,
- MS, Nursing Education, University of Northern Colorado, 2011
- MS, Health Administration, University of Colorado, 1987
- BS, Nursing, University of Northern Colorado, 1982
Awards and Honors:
- Nominated for the Belbas-Larson Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota, 2013
- Drennan Award, Sigma Theta Tau, 2011
- Egan, T. (2013, May). DocuCare in the Classroom. Presented at the Statewide Faculty Meeting, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Egan, T., Dougherty , J. (2011, July). Student Centered Clinical Nursing Instruction: Heeding the IOM's Call to Action. Presented at the Nurse Educators Conference in the Rockies, Breckenridge, Colorado.
- Egan, T. (2011, April). Poster Presentation: Evaluation of Instruments for the Assessment of Important Influences on Student Learning in the Clinical Setting. Presented at the College of Natural & Health Sciences’ 6th Annual Student Research Celebration, Greeley, Colorado.
- Egan, T. (2008, April). Poster Presentation: Can We Afford to Overlook Known Risk Factors of Cardiovascular Disease. Presented at the 4th Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Research Conference, Greeley, Colorado.
- Egan, T. (2005, April). Poster Presentation: Acute Care Family Nursing for Cardiovascular Patients. Presented at the 1st Annual Evidence-Based Nursing Research Conference, Greeley, Colorado.