Living Life to the Fullest
As an occupational therapist, you will assist people of all ages to gain the skills they need to live full, meaningful lives. You will work with clients to choose innovative tools and methods to help them perform valued activities.
- Greater than 98% percent first-time pass rate since the inception of the program
- Learning in state-of-the art classrooms and in real-world settings
- Individual attention due to our low student-to-faculty ratio
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty with research and clinical experience
- 100 percent job placement
- Fieldwork opportunities in approximately 150 sites across the nation
- Complete your BS in Health Science and MS in OT in 5 1/2 years
- For more information about the BS in Health Sciences program please contact Audrey Ticknor (Audrey.Ticknor@usd.edu), HS Student Advisor
- WICHE students accepted
- If you are a resident of Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana or Wyoming, you are eligible to apply for reduced tuition. Please see the WICHE Professional Student Exchange Program brochure for more information
Learn More About Being an Occupational Therapist
If you want to help people, enjoy solving problems and are creative, choose occupational therapy at the U.
Barb Brockevelt, Program Chairperson
Moses Ikiugu, associate professor, has won the School of Health Science's Faculty Research Achievement Award. This award was established to recognize faculty for research & scholarly work relating to health sciences education.