- Application deadlines:
- Early application deadline is October 1, 2014 to be considered for an early interview on November 14, 2014. Early Application Requirements
- Regular admission deadline is January 2, 2015 to be considered for an interview either February 26 or 27, 2015
- Applications received after January 2, 2015 will be considered subject to space availability in the entering class
- USD uses the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS). Please visit OTCAS to create your account.
- All official transcripts should be sent directly to OTCAS:
Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS)
PO Box 9120
Watertown, MA 02471
Phone: 617-612-2860 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://portal.otcas.org
- OTCAS must receive the application, references, and transcripts by the above deadline date. Once your application is complete, OTCAS will verify your documents before releasing them to USD. Please note that USD cannot access unverified applications. Applicants should confirm their status as verified with OTCAS.
- OTCAS does not accept paper references. Letters of recommendation are submitted electronically through the OTCAS system.
- USD Graduate School Application and Fee
- Please note that you do NOT need to resubmit a transcript, letter of references or other supporting documentation other than your GRE scores along with your USD Graduate School application. The OT department will provide these to the Graduate School upon receipt of your OTCAS application.
- Prerequisite coursework: Required prior to entrance
- Baccalaureate degree: Required completion no later than June 1 of the year of admission
- No preference is given to any specific major
- Acceptance of Advanced Placement (AP) courses will be considered by the Admissions Committee on a case by case basis. Credit must appear on the official college transcript and be equivalent to the appropriate college-level coursework in order for them to be considered.
- GRE: Required component of the application. Plan to take the GRE well in advance of submitting your application so that the scores are received PRIOR to the application deadline. OTCAS does not accept GRE scores at this time.
- Either the GRE General Test or the GRE Revised General Test will be accepted
- 40th percentile rank Verbal and 45th percentile rank Quantitative, and a minimum writing score of 4.0 (on either the General Test or the Revised General Test) are recommended.
- Report unofficial scores on the OTCAS application; have official scores sent to USD
- Codes: USD=6881; USD Occupational Therapy: 0618
- GRE scores may not be more than five years old
- Personal Interview
- Selection Criteria
- You may be eligible to secure your seat a year in advance
- Additional Requirements: Upon provisional acceptance to the USD Occupational Therapy Program, you will be asked to pay a $200 seat deposit, submit and pay for a criminal background check (approximately $100) and attest, in writing, that you are able to perform the tasks outlined in the Essential Functions document
- A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBOCT Certification Examination or attain state licensure
General questions about your application or application status may be directed to:
Rita Humphrey (Rita.Humphrey@usd.edu), 605-677-3938
For specific questions concerning prerequisite courses or decision processes, please contact:
Dr. Shana Cerny (Shana.Cerny@usd.edu), 605-677-6582