School of Health Sciences: Physical Therapy, Health Affairs
UMS Lee Med/Sanford School of Medicine 315
I have been with the university for 6 years in the Department of Physical Therapy. Prior to my time here I spent time in northern Minnesota in a rural general outpatient setting and in central Minnesota managing and practicing in a rural rehab department.
Geriatrics Rural General Care Differential Diagnosis Women's Health Patient/Client Interviewing
Conservative management of urinary incontinence Predictors of success in physical therapy school applicants Restorative care in nursing homes Geriatric outcome measures Senior Athletes
- DPT, Physical Therapy, Duke University, 2002
- BS, Psychology, University of South Dakota, 1999
- National Senior Games Screening, The University of South Dakota Center for Academic Engagement, (2013)
- Senior Athlete Screening, Center for Teaching and Learning, (2011 - 2011)
- Jordre, B., Bly, J., Preventing Pain with the Right Operator Stool, Dimensions of Dental Hygiene.
- Jordre, B., Schweinle, W., Beacom, K., Graphenteen, V., Ladwig, A., (2013), The five times sit to stand test in athletic older adults., Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy., vol. 36, iss. 1, pp. 47-50.
- Jordre, B., Schweinle, W., Beacom, K., Graphenteen, V., Ladwig, A., (2013), The Five Times Sit to Stand Test in Senior Athletes, Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, vol. 36, iss. 1, pp. 47-50.
- Jordre, B., Schweinle, W., (2013), Fitness Screening for Senior Games Athletes, Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Seefeldt, T., Mort, J., Brockevelt, B., Giger, J. T., Jordre, B., Lawler, M. J., Nilson, W., Svien, L., , (2012), A Pilot Study of Interprofessional Case Discussions for Health Professions Students Using the Virtual World Second Life., Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, vol. 4, pp. 224-231.
- Jordre, B., Bly, J., (2012), Protect your Musculoskeletal Health, Dimensions of Dental Hygiene, vol. 10, iss. 1, pp. 33-34.
Awards and Honors:
- Geriatric Certified Specialist, American Physical Therapy Association, 2010
- 2010 National Healthcare Career Network (NHCN) Scholarship, NHCN, 2010