Gross & Clinical Anatomy Workshop
Please join us for the 21st annual Harry E. Settles Memorial Gross and Clinical Anatomy Workshop June 19-21, 2014 in the Lee Medical Building on the USD Campus.
The emphasis of the workshop is dissection and anatomically related clinical correlations. Prosected joints and skeletal materials are available for study. Each participant will dissect the lower extremity and lumbar spine. The course instructor will be available at all times to guide the dissection and confirm identity of structures. Participants may wish to review the region to be dissected on their own during the week prior to dissection using their own anatomy texts. Instruments, lab coats, gloves and instruction will be provided to complete the dissection and to prepare materials for visual study.
- Lectures will review the detailed anatomy of the region to be dissected in the following lab.
- Review will include all muscle attachments, motor innervation, blood supply, and sensory innervation.
- Fascial planes will be reviewed.
- Joints will be reviewed and dissected, in addition to being studied on prosected specimens.
- Function of muscles and joints will be reviewed.
- Participants will perform a complete dissection of the extremity during the lab sessions.
- Clinical correlations will be interspersed with lecture information and reinforced in the laboratory sessions.
- A detailed outline for each lecture will be provided.
Thursday, June 19th
|8:00-8:10||Welcome and Orientation (refreshments provided)|
|8:10-9:30||Didactic Session 1|
|9:30-12:00||Laboratory Session 1|
|3:30-4:30||Didactic Session 2
|4:30-5:30||Laboratory Session 2
Friday, June 20th
|8:00-9:10||Didactic Session 3 (refreshments provided)
|9:10-12:00||Laboratory Session 3|
|1:00-2:30||Didactic Session 4
|2:30-5:00||Laboratory Session 4
Saturday, June 22nd
|8:30-9:30||Didactic Session 5
|9:30-12:30||Laboratory Session 5
|12:30||Presentation of Course Certificates|