Dr. Zimney has been practicing physical therapy since 1994 following his graduation from the University of North Dakota with his Masters in Physical Therapy. He completed his transitional DPT graduate from the Post Professional Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program at Des Moines University, Class 2010. He moved into full time academics in 2013. Past clinical work experiences have been with various community-based hospitals working in multiple patient care areas of inpatient, skilled rehab, home health, acute rehab, work conditioning/hardening and outpatient. He also was department manager of rehabilitation services at St. Luke’s Health System in Sioux City for 8 years. He still maintains clinical practice one day a week at Mercy Business Health Services in Sioux City, IA working with outpatient work related injuries and providing on-site loss prevention and ergonomics services for local businesses. He also teaches nationally with International Spine and Pain Institute.
Evidence Based Practice, Client and Community Health Education, Therapeutic Neuroscience Education, Modalities, Health Care Management
- Post Professional Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT), Physical Therapy, Des Moines University, 2010
- MS, Physical Therapy, University Of North Dakota, 1994
- BS, Physical Therapy, University Of North Dakota, 1993
Awards and Honors:
- The Harry E. Settles Contributor of the Year Award, USD Physical Therapy Program, 2013
- Zimmy, K. (2014, February). Successfully Treating CRPS: A Clinical Application Course. Presented at the Combined Sections Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Zimmy, K. (2013, October). Use of TNE to address Psychosocial Factors Associated with Acute Low Back Pain: A Case Report. Presented at the IPTA Fall Conference, Ames, IA.
- Zimmy, K. (2013, October). The Thoracic Spine: Evidence Based Approach to Evaluate & Treat. Presented at the Minneapolis Orthopedic Evening Lecture Series, Minneapolis, MN.
- Zimmy, K. (2013, October). The Thoracic Spine: Evidence Based Approach to Evaluate & Treat. Presented at the Lincoln Orthopedic Evening Lecture Series, Lincoln, NE.