Glassdoor ranks Physician Assistant as the Best Job for 2015
#1 Best Job: Physician Assistant
- Number of Job Openings: 45,484
- Average Base Salary: $111.376
- Career Opportunities Rating: 3.5
- Working under the supervision of a doctor, PAs do all tasks involved in routine medical care, such as diagnosing illnesses and assisting in surgery. In most states they can write prescriptions as well.
- Why it's great: You get the satisfaction of treating patients minus insurance hassles, since PAs have far less administrative responsibility than the typical MD. You don't have to take on the time or expense of med school and the field is virtually recession-proof, owing to an ongoing shortage of primary-care physicians.