School of Health Sciences: Physician Assistant Program, Health Affairs
UJ Julian Hall Offices 105
Mr. Nilson has practiced as a Physician Assistant since 1997, initially practicing primary care in a rural area. He has been a Physician Assistant educator since 2000. Mr. Nilson has been the program director for the past 9 years and continues to practice in Emergency Medicine.
Physical exam, Medicine topics, PA professional issues.
PA workforce, Noncognitive attributes to PA student success
- Enrolled in EdD program, Educational Leadership, Bethel University ,
- MS, Physician Assistant, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2003
- BS, Physician Assistant, The University of South Dakota, 2001
- Certificate of Completion, Physician Assistant, The University of South Dakota, 1997
- AS, Respiratory Care, Southeast Community College, 1993
- Seefeldt, T., Mort, J., Brockevelt, B., Giger, J. T., Jordre, B., Lawler, M. J., Nilson, W., Svien, L., , (2012), A Pilot Study of Interprofessional Case Discussions for Health Professions Students Using the Virtual World Second Life., Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning, vol. 4, pp. 224-231.
- Nilson, W., Vogt, H., (2010), The University of South Dakota Physician Assistant Studies Program, South Dakota Medicine, vol. 63, iss. 10, pp. 351-353.