Social work majors of junior standing (a minimum of 64 total semester hours) must apply for formal admission to the major.
- Minimum admission requirements are:
- Completion of SOCW 200 and 210 with at least the grade of "C"
- Overall grade point average of a 2.3
- Completion of 60 clock hours of volunteer or paid experience in a human services field
- Students who apply for admission to the major should have completed the 30 semester hours of the System General Education requirements and a substantial portion of the University Institutional Graduation Requirements by the time they apply
- No credit hours may be awarded for "life experience" towards the social work major