Born in Salt Lake City, Utah. B.A. in English, University of Utah, 1974. M.S.W., University of Kansas, 1977. Ph.D. in Social Work, University of Kansas, 1984. Specializations in Health Care, Mental Health, and Addictions Treatment.
Social Work Practice, Advanced Clinical Practice, Assessment and Diagnosis, Research, Human Behavior in the Social Environment, and Spirituality.
Natural Helping, Addictions Treatment, the Process of Change, and Program Evaluation.
- Ph D, Social Work, University of Kansas, 1984
- M.S.W., Social Work, University of Kansas, 1977
- BA, English, University of Utah, 1974
- Community based participatory research: Assessing general well-being of American Indian Older Adults in South Dakota , University of South Dakota, (2013 - 2014)
- Mental health literacy among rural older adults, University of South Dakota, (2012 - 2013)
Awards and Honors:
- Service Award, Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), 2011