School of Health Sciences: Social Work, Health Affairs
UJ Julian Hall Offices 255
- Master of Social Welfare, University of California Berkeley, 2002
- Social Work, Northeastern State University, 1990
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe Attorney General's Children Exposed to Violence Demonstration Program: Phase I, Dept. of Justice
- Community based participatory research: Assessing general well-being of American Indian Older Adults in South Dakota , University of South Dakota, (2013 - 2014)
- South Dakota Child Welfare Training Project, National Child Welfare Workforce Institute, (2010 - 2013)
- Mental health literacy among rural older adults, University of South Dakota, (2012 - 2013)
- Clarifying a theoretical construct for the Indian Child Welfare Act, Research Excellence Development Grant, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, (2010 - 2011)
- Norris, D., LaPlante, K., (2013), NCWWI tribal traineeship programs: Legacies & lessons learned., National Child Welfare Workforce Institute.
- Lawler, M. J., LaPlante, K., Giger, J. T., Norris, D., (2012), Overrepresentation of Native American children in foster care: An independent construct? , Journal of Ethnic & Cultural Diversity in Social Work, vol. 21, iss. 2, pp. 95-110.