Before You Start - New Employee Checklist:
- Return signed letter acceptance of offer (if applicable) to your department prior to your hire date.
- Determine if your employment verification and visa (if applicable) documents are current. All foreign national employees must report to Payroll to complete their new employee paperwork on their first day of work.
- Parking permit (optional) available at the Business Office.
On First Day of Work - New Employee Checklist:
- Complete payroll forms - W-4 Form
- Complete I-9 Form (Need appropriate documentation)
- Complete Direct Deposit Form
During Your First Two Weeks - New Employee Checklist:
- Enroll for Health/Life Insurance (click on "new Hire" in lower left corner)
- Complete all forms in orientation packets
New Employee Orientation:
- Provides new faculty and staff an introduction to USD and a chance to meet other new employees
- Includes benefits orientation and valuable information about a variety of employee services, resources and privileges
- New employee orientation - generally held 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from 8:15-10:30 a.m.
- Timesheet orientation - generally held the 2nd Wednesday at 8:15 a.m.
- Discrimination and Harassment Free Workplace orientation - generally held the last Wednesday of each month from 8:15-10:30 a.m.