Estimated undergraduate tuition, fees and costs for 2017-2018
24 Credit Hours
12 credits fall + 12 credits spring
30 Credit Hours
15 credits fall + 15 credits spring
(4-year completion plan )
|Tuition & Fees
|Other (books, insurance, etc...)
Total without dependents
Undergraduate students living in residence halls are required to subscribe to a university meal plan. Food service rates shown represent the meal plan commonly assigned to incoming students. Various meal plans are available through Dining Services.
- The Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status (I-20) requires proof of your financial ability to pay for at least one year of academic and living expenses. For this important application step, the University of South Dakota follows the minimum annual enrollment required by the federal government: 24 credit hours for undergraduate students and 18 credits for graduate students. Financial ability forms are available in the application instructions and use the total costs printed on the appropriate financial ability form when collecting bank documentation.
- Students enrolled in select disciplines are subject to additional fees.
University Tuition & Fees
- The actual cost of insurance will be based on the specific plan and the age of the student/enrollee.
- Cost of attendance increases approximately 3–5% each year. The most up-to-date cost of attendance is made available every April for the next academic year.
- If bringing dependents add $4,000 each for food and medical insurance. (4,500 x (number of dependents) + $19,487.10)
- International students are not eligible for United States federal financial aid, except for a few eligible noncitizen categories.