Information Literacy for Science/Health Science disciplines; Environmental Science; Biology
Information Literacy assessment
- MA, Library & Information Science, University of Iowa, 2009
- MA, Biology, University of Northern Iowa, 1994
- BS, Biology, University of Northern Iowa, 1988
- Professional Development Grant, South Dakota Library Association, (2012)
Awards and Honors:
- ACRL librarian Scholarship, Association of College & Research Libraries, 2013
- Health Affairs Medical Informatics Technology Grant, Sanford School of Medicine, 2013
- BioMedical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow, National Library of Medicine, 2012
- Kirkwood Endowed Faculty Chair Award, Kirkwood Community College, 2008
- Harvey, B. C., Johnson, T., (2013, May). Unite and Conquer! Our experience using a team-liaison approach to integrating library services into a new medical education curriculum.. Presented at the Medical Library Association 2013 Annual Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Harvey, B. C. (2012, October). Poster Session: Plain Language Health Information. Presented at the South Dakota Library Association Annual Meeting, Huron, SD.
- McElhinney, K., Frigge, D., Harvey, B. C. (2012, July). Genealogy Basics. Presented at the Workshop, Vermillion, SD.
- Moore, A. H., Harvey, B. C., DeJager-Loftus, D. (2012, February). EndNote. Presented at the Library CTL Sessions.
- Harvey, B. C., Johnson, T., Youngkin, M. (2011, September). Evaluating Online Personal Health Information. Presented at the Library All Staff Presentation, Muenster University Center.
- Harvey, B. C. (2009, October). “Do Assignment-Specific Research Guides Help Students Find Appropriate Information?" . Presented at the Conference on Information Technology (CIT), Detroit, MI.
- Harvey, B. C. (2009, April). Creating Assignment-specific Research Guides. Presented at the Faculty Endowed Chair Awards Presentation, Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Harvey, B. C. (2005, January). "Using the Textbook in Collaborative Classroom Activities". Presented at the Annual MLK Day Faculty Professional Development, Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Harvey, B. C. (2004, April). "Personalizing the Textbook". Presented at the Community College Teaching and Leadership Conference, Newton, IA.
- Harvey, B. C. (1989, June). "Seasonal Correlations of Small Mammals in Two Habitats". Presented at the Society of Mammalogists Annual Meeting, Fairbanks, AK.