ULB I.D. Weeks Library 223A
American Indian Education Academic Library Planning and Assessment Native Studies
- EDD, Adult & Higher Education/Educational Administration, The University of South Dakota, 2007
- MA, Library and Information Science, The University of Iowa, 1998
- MA, Japanese Studies/Asian Civilizations, The University of Iowa, 1995
- BS, Finance/Business Administration, Truman State University, 1985
- MCI Travel Grant, (2010)
- SDLA Professional Development Grant, South Dakota Library Association, (2007)
- Alexander, D. L., (2012), American Indian Studies, Multiculturalism, and the Academic Library , College and Research Libraries.
- Alexander, D. L., (2010), A Look at Continuing Education and Professional Development in the Mountain Plains Region, Mountain Plains Library Association.
- Alexander, D. L., (2007), The South Dakota Tribal College Experience: Historical Context, Student Experience, and Student Perspectives.
Awards and Honors:
- Mombusho Scholar, Japan: Ministry of Education, 1996
- Alexander, D. L., Daily, D., McElhinney, K., DeJager-Loftus, D. (2012, April). The Digital Library of South Dakota: Considerations on Wounded Knee Oral Interviews. Presented at the Dakota History Conference, Sioux Falls.
- Alexander, D. L. (2011, October). Journal Usage Tracking & Evaluation. Presented at the South Dakota Library Association Annual Conference, Spearfish.
- Alexander, D. L., Aldrich, A. W. (2011, April). Communicating with Technology. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Montana Library Association Joint Conference, Billings, Montana.
- Alexander, D. L. (2010, April). A Look at Continuing Education and Professional Development in the Mountain Plains Region. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Oklahoma Library Association Joint Annual Conference, Oklahoma City.
- Alexander, D. L. (2010, March). Event Title Re-imaging Libraries: Developing a Virtual World Presence. Presented at the Library Technology Conference, St Paul, MN.
- Alexander, D. L. (2009, November). Physical Space in a Virtual World: Implications for Library Space. Presented at the Brick and Click Libraries Symposium, Maryville.
- Alexander, D. L. (2009, October). Physical Space in Second Life Libraries. Presented at the South Dakota Library Association Annual Conference, Aberdeen.
- Alexander, D. L. (2008, May). Libraries in the Metaverse. Presented at the Mountain Plains Library Association/Utah Library Association Conference, Salt Lake City.