Medical librarian since 1986. I have worked in the medical libraries of the Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee), the University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha), the University of Utah Health Sciences Center (Salt Lake City) and the Wegner Health Science Information Center in Sioux Falls.
- BS, Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA ,
- MLS - Masters of Library Science, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA,
- Stepping Stones: Moving Public Health and Library Partnerships Forward, National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Greater Midwest Region, (2010 - 2011)
- Harvey, B. C., Johnson, T., Youngkin, M. (2011, September). Evaluating Online Personal Health Information. Presented at the Library All Staff Presentation, Muenster University Center.
- Youngkin, M., Midyette, J. D., DeJager-Loftus, D. (2010, July). Presented at the South Dakota Department of Health: Health Literacy Information, Pierre, SD.
- Youngkin, M., Midyette, J. D., DeJager-Loftus, D. (2010, June). Learning the Skills to Support Public Health Research. Presented at the South Dakota Public Health Association Conference, Sioux Falls, SD.
- DeJager-Loftus, D., Youngkin, M. (2008, October). Taking Information Literacy’s Temperature: One Stop Shopping with Online Guides. Presented at the Midwest Medical Library Association / MHSLA Annual Meeting, Troy, MI.
- DeJager-Loftus, D., Nickisch Duggan, H., Youngkin, M. (2007, June). Supporting Research, Education, and Patient Care: South Dakota Libraries as Health Information Partners. Presented at the Native American Health Summit, Sioux Falls, SD.