Welcome to course reserves at the University Libraries!
Course Reserves consist of materials selected by faculty for reading, viewing, and listening assigned reading in connection with course work. Course Reserves makes materials available in two formats. Physical reserves consists of book and media materials held at and available for check-out from the Circulation Desk. E-reserves consist of materials that are scanned and posted in the Desire2Learn (D2L) Learning Object Repository (LOR). Faculty should let students know whether the reserve materials for your course are available online through D2L, or located at the Libraries' Circulation Desk.
- For more information about course reserves (both print and online reserves) policies, procedures and detailed copyright information, please see the Libraries course reserves page in the myU. portal.
- Contact the Course Reserves Manager (info at right) for help.
Information about D2L's LOR:
- The Libraries facilitate online access to appropriate course materials in D2L's Learning Object Repository (LOR).
- We scan readings submitted to the reserves or LOR that pass fair use and seek permission for items that do not qualify for fair use.
- Only students that are enrolled in a class have access to the materials in D2L.
- Faculty are responsible for linking the online course reserve items to their D2L course. We remove items if permission is denied or if it is too expensive.
- All items are removed from the LOR at the end of each semester.