Curtis Kost, Ph.D.
Basic Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine
UMS Lee Med/Sanford School of Medicine 138
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship Training, Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, 1993
- Ph D, Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, 1991
- B.S. in Pharmacy (5-year degree), Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, College of Pharmacy, 1986
- Ranek, M. J., Kost, C., Hu, C., Martin, D., Wang, X., (2014), Muscarinic 2 Receptors Modulate Cardiac Proteasome Function in a Protein Kinase G-dependent Manner, J Mol Cell Cardiol, vol. 69, iss. 4, pp. 43-51. Epub 2014 Feb 5..
- Li, S., Wang, X., Li, Y., Kost, C., Martin, D., (2013), Bortezomib, a proteasome inhibitor, attenuates angiotensin II-induced hypertension and aortic remodeling in rats., PLOS One, vol. 30, iss. 8, p. 10.
- Munger, K. A., Kost, C., Brenner, B. M., Maddox, D. A., (2012), Renal Circulation and Glomerular Filtration, W.B. Saunders Co, vol. 2 volumes, iss. 9, pp. Book has 2868 pages (Co-authored Chapter 3).
- Tatchum-Talom, R., Eyster, K., Kost, C., Martin, D., (2011), Blood pressure and mesenteric vascular reactivity in SHR seven months after gonadectomy, J Cardiovasc Pharm, vol. 57, pp. 357-364.
- Song, J., Eyster, K., Kost, C., Kjellsen, B., Martin, D., (2010), Involvement of protein kinase C-CPI-17 in androgen modulation of angiotensin II-renal vasoconstriction. , Cardiovasc Res, vol. 85, iss. 3, pp. 614-621.
Awards and Honors:
- Nominated for USD's Belbas Larson Award
- Golden Apple Teaching Award for BBS Faculty (2012), 1st Year Medical Students, 2012
- 2nd Year Golden Apple Teaching Award / USD Basic Biomedical Science Faculty Teaching Award, Medical Students- Second Year, 2011
- Martin, D., Wang, X., Kost, C., Shuai, L. A proteasome inhibitor attenuates hypertension and associated reactive oxygen species production, cell proliferation, and inflammation in aorta. Presented at the Sanford Health-USD Biomedical Research Symposium, Sioux Falls.
- Martin, D., Li, Y., Wang, X., Kost, C., Shuai, L. (2013, October). A proteasome inhibitor attenuates angiotensin II induced hypertension, associated vascular remodeling, and vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation. Presented at the Nebraska Physiological Society , Omaha, Nebraska .
- Ranek, M. J., Li, J., Kost, C., Martin, D., Wang, X. (2012, November). Protein kinase G regulates proteasome-mediated degradation of misfolded proteins. Presented at the AHA Scientific Sessions, Los Angeles, CA.
- Ranek, M. J., Martin, D., Kost, C., Wang, X. (2012, July). Activation of Protein Kinase G Enhances Proteasome-Mediated Degradation of Misfolded Proteins . Presented at the AHA Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2012 Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA.