Gerald Yutrzenka, Ph.D.
Physiology Endocrinology Neuropharmacology Minority Health Disparities
Minority health disparities Central action of CNS depressants
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Pharmacology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University , 1984
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuroscience , Houston Veterans Administration Medical Center , 1980
- Ph D, Physiology, University of North Dakota, 1979
- MS, Physiology , University of North Dakota, 1977
- BS, Biology, Moorhead State University , 1974
Awards and Honors:
- Recogntion Award CGSA Steering Committee 2005-2007 , Central Region Group on Student Affairs,Association of American Medical Colleges , 2077
- Chair-Elect, AAMC Central Region Group on Student Affairs , 2011
- Recognition Award , AAMC Central Region Group on Student Affairs Steering Committee , 2011
- Recogntion Award CGSA Steering Committee 2009-2011, Association of American Medical Colleges , 2011
- Dream Catcher Award , USD Martine Luther King committee , 2007
- John R Williams Award, USD , 2005
- Faculty of the Year- Faculty Involvement Program , USD Residential life, 2002
- HHS Secretary's Community Health Promotion Award, US Dept of Health and Human Services , 1988
- Recognition Award, SD Dept of Health/Divsion of Alohol and Drug Abuse, 1988
- Yutrzenka, G.
- Yutrzenka, G. (2011, December). Cente of Excellence in Minority Health and Health Disparities . Presented at the Consumer Conference, Rapid City, SD .
- Yutrzenka, G., Tomhave, J. (2011, February). USD Healthcare career Summer Camp: a Partnership to Enhance the Healthcare Workforce. Presented at the 5th Annual Conference Pathways into Health , Tucson, AZ.
- Yutrzenka, G., Kenyon, D., McMahon, T., Brokenleg, S. (2011, February). Developing the Center of Excellence: Research Education and Training Core. Presented at the 5th Annual Conference for Pathways into Health , Tucson, AZ.