Robin Miskimins, Ph.D.
Medicine: Basic Biomedical Sciences, Health Affairs
UMS Lee Med/Sanford School of Medicine 260
I was born in NJ. Went to undergraduate school in Colorado and graduate school in Arizona. After a post-doc at Yale I had a Research track position at University of South Carolina. I took my first tenure track position at USD in 1991.
Biochemistry, molecular biology, neurobiology
Development of myelin in the central nervous sytem; relationship of myelin to disease states such as multiple sclerosis and schizophrenia
- Ph D, Molecular Biology, University of Arizona, 1983
- MS, Genetics, University of Arizona, 1978
- BA, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, 1976
- Hiring a neuroscientist, University of South Dakota
Awards and Honors:
- Chester McVay Award, University of South Dakota School of Medicine, 2007
- Board Of Regents Award for Excellence in Research, South Dakota Board of Regents, 1999
- Vacek, S., Miskimins, R., Marlow, L. (2013, October). Peer Review and Publication Considerations. Presented at the Responsible Conduct of Research , Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Miskimins, R. (2012, May). Maximizing potential with minimum resources. Presented at the Annual NORPD meeting, Arlington, VA.
- Miskimins, R. (2009, October). Remyelination in Multiple Sclerosis. Presented at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE.