Sanford School of Medicine School of Medicine

You are here:

Body Donor Program

Indispensable Gift

We're grateful for all of the people who have donated their bodies to science. These donations are an indispensable aid in teaching anatomy to our medical and health sciences students. Textbooks can only teach students can learn about 80 percent of what they need to know about human anatomy. The other 20 percent is variable. That's why the body donor program is so critical for the human anatomy class.

Learning Respect

The cadaver serves as our students' first patient, teaching them respect and professionalism. They are honored and humbled by the donations. In fact, some of them have signed up to be body donors themselves.

Frequently Asked Questions