Birth To 3 - Eligibility Guidelines
The following guidelines, along with the results of a multifaceted developmental evaluation are used to determine whether or not a child is eligible to receive services from Birth To 3.
- Infants and toddlers, birth to 36 months of age, inclusive, are eligible for services through Birth To 3 if identified by providers of licensed health care and education services as:
- Demonstrating at least a 1.5 standard deviation below the mean; or
- Children who are born at 28 weeks gestation or less; or
- Having a diagnosed physical or mental condition that has a high probability of resulting in developmental delays.
- Determinations of developmental delay shall be based on medical diagnoses, including Down's Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities; sensory impairments, including vision and hearing; inborn errors of metabolism; microcephaly; sever attachment disorders, including failure to thrive; seizure disorders; and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.