Birth To 3 - What We Do
Service Coordinators for Birth To 3 help families receive developmental screenings, multifaceted evaluations, and service coordination through the following process.
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators receive referrals from anyone including parents, healthcare professionals, and school districts. How to make a referral to Birth To 3 Connections.
Initiating the Early Intervention Process
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators provide parents with information on Birth To 3 and explain their rights.
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators assist in the completion of developmental screenings and/or multifaceted developmental evaluations.
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators make referrals to the appropriate school district for complete developmental evaluations.
Eligibility for Birth To 3 is determined based on the results of the multifaceted developmental evaluations.
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators facilitate the development of an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP). IFSPs address the provision of appropriate services in the child's natural environment.
Birth To 3 Service Coordinators invite appropriate qualified providers to the IFSP meeting.
Conducting Ongoing Activities
- Birth To 3 Service Coordinators contact families on a regular basis to ensure that services are being provided and to ensure that other issues that may arise will be addressed appropriately.
- Birth To 3 Service Coordinators. . .
- set the six month review of the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP).
- set up the annual review of the IFSP.
- coordinate and monitor services on the IFSP.
- facilitate ongoing communication regarding transition options prior to the child turning three years of age.
- assist families in accessing other community resources.