Dietetic Internship - Application Procedure
Centralized Application System for Spring 2013 Computer Matching Process
- The USD Center for Disabilities Dietetic Internship program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org or e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2013.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- In addition, the USD Dietetic Internship would also like you to address the following questions.
- Provide reasons why our program is a good fit for you.
- Tell us about a time you had to step up to the plate and take a leadership role on the job, in a group activity, or in an organization(s).
- What are some of your interests outside of dietetics?
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Department
P.O. Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register on-line for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2013. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
- IMPORTANT: When ranking our internship with D&D Digital, please be sure to use the correct number for the program that you are applying for and would like to rank. If you have a masters degree or higher and would like to apply to both programs, you will need to complete an application for each program and mark which is your preferred choice by ranking them one ahead of the other. If you have questions, please contact the Dietetic Internship Director.
- Please specify in your personal statement if you are applying for the Full Time (10 Month) or Full Time (7 Month) option.
- No additional materials or application fees are required other than what is required by ACEND to apply to our internship. The internship reserves the right to conduct telephone interviews.