Dietetic Internship - Application Procedure
Centralized Application System for Spring 2013 Computer Matching Process
- The USD Center for Disabilities Dietetic Internship program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org or e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- In addition, the USD Dietetic Internship would also like you to address the following questions.
- Provide reasons why our program is a good fit for you.
- Tell us about a time you had to step up to the plate and take a leadership role on the job, in a group activity, or in an organization(s).
- What are some of your interests outside of dietetics?
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS - Transcript Department
P.O. Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register on-line for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2014. There is a computer matching fee.
- If you have questions, please contact the Dietetic Internship Director.
- No additional materials or application fees are required other than what is required by ACEND to apply to our internship and by D&D Digital to participate in computerized matching. The internship reserves the right to conduct telephone interviews.