South Dakota LEND Program - Admission Requirements
Requirements for South Dakota LEND Program Applicants
- Applicants must be a full time graduate student with "Full" acceptance in one of the required programs at The University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University, Augustana College or other Midwestern university.
- Applicants should be pursing graduate studies in:
- Clinical Psychology,
- Health Care Administration,
- Occupational Therapy,
- Physical Therapy,
- School Psychology,
- Social Work,
- Special Education, or
- Speech-Language Pathology.
- Applicants must complete an application. Request an application packet or additional information.
- A recommendation from the applicant's academic department must be submitted.
- Applicants must be willing to make a twelve month commitment.
- Each trainee receiving stipend support from grant funds must be a citizen of the United States or as an alien must have been admitted to the United States with a permanent resident visa.
Academic Advantages for Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program have the ability to conduct collaborative research.
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program have the opportunity to observe and participate in assessments and treatment planning with qualified professionals in a number of clinical settings.
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program have the opportunity to actively participate in treatment aspects of care under the supervision of practicing professionals.
Other Advantages for Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program receive two-thirds reduced tuition rates.
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program receive a yearly stipend of $8000 distributed in monthly installments.
- Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program receive great work experience for personal growth and resume inclusion.