NOFAS-SD - Consultation Services
NOFAS-SD offers on-site consultations to families, schools and human service agencies that are working with people who have been diagnosed as having a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). It is the priority of this service that individuals and their families requesting assistance will be treated with the utmost privacy and respect.
- Goals - The consultation goal of NOFAS-SD is to provide deferential on-site consultation, recommendations and resources that assist with the programming needs of people with an FASD. Consultations will assist families and professionals in developing appropriate strategies to improve the educational and health outcomes for the person with an FASD. The ultimate outcome of our consultation services is developing improved productivity and quality of life for the person with an FASD.
- Services - Education strategists provide on-site consultation services for families, schools and agencies working with people who have an FASD. Consultation services consist of observation of the individual, records review, interviews with family members and professionals, and recommendations for appropriate programming. Additional visits may be needed as appropriate to assist families and professionals in implementing recommendations.
- Referrals - Referrals may be made by family members and professionals for individuals of any age. An intake packet will be sent out after a referral is received. Consultation services will be scheduled once the necessary paperwork is completed. How to make a referral to NOFAS-SD.
- Consultation Forms
- The following forms are required for a request of consultation services. Download the forms below, complete them by typing in the boxes, print the forms, sign the forms, and return the completed forms to the Center for Disabilities.
- Please contact the Center for Disabilities to obtain a current purchase of service as well as other items needed to complete the intake referral process.
- Cost - Cost for consultation services varies. For current information on cost, contact the Center for Disabilities by phone at 800-658-3080 or 605-357-1439 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Public School Districts in South Dakota - NOFAS-SD provides consultation services to public school districts in South Dakota free of charge.