CLIC International Conference
Visit the CLIC Blog: clicconference.blogspot.com
- The Consortium of Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships (CLIC) is a group of faculty from medical schools around the world who have or are considering developing, implementing and studying the longitudinal integrated clerkship model to address core clinical training for undergraduate medical education.
- Longitudinal integrated clerkships (LICs) have the following common core elements:
- Medical students participate in the comprehensive care of patients over time
- Medical students have continuing learning relationships with these patients' clinicians
- Medical students meet, through these experiences, the majority of the year's core clinical competencies across multiple disciplines simultaneously.
Exploring Ideas in Medical Education
- Sponsored by Consortium of Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships and Yankton Rural Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
- Wednesday evening - Friday, Sept. 21-23, 2011 CLIC Conference
- Friday evening - Sunday, Sept. 23-35, 2011 optional South Dakota Tour
- Avera Pavilion at Sacred Heart Hospital complex,
409 Summit St., Yankton, South Dakota Map
- For more information or to RSVP, contact Rhonda Heine (Rhonda.Heine@usd.edu)
- Poster presentations from existing programs
- Plenary sessions on the future of longitudinal integrated models across the four years of medical school and in graduate medical education
- Workshops on key elements of the LIC model
- Large group sessions on creating and up-scaling LIC programs
- CLIC working groups to further explore and support this model across institutions
- A scheduled poster session is planned for the 2011 CLIC conference. Abstract submission will begin in March. Further information regarding poster content will be posted soon.
- Build vibrant, scholarly community of individuals interested in fully exploring, communicating, testing and understanding the Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC) model and its underlying principles for medical education.
- Deepening our collective understanding of the components of successful LIC’s
- Supporting the development and implementation of new LIC’s
- Exploring the potential educational scope of the LIC model into GME
- Exploring the potential expansion of LIC’s and LIC principles into healthcare systems
- Expanding opportunities for academic collaborations and research on LIC’s
YANKTON RURAL AREA HEALTH EDUCATION CENTER (AHEC) MISSION STATEMENT
The Mission of the Yankton Rural AHEC is to enhance the quality and availability of healthcare services to all populations. To achieve our mission Yankton Rural AHEC will plan, develop, and implement healthcare education programs designed to serve medically underserved populations and rural communities including K-12 and post-secondary education, medical resident education and post-graduate continuing education.
The Yankton Rural Area Health Education Center establishes and coordinates programs that broadly support the healthcare workforce goals in Southeastern South Dakota. Activities and target audiences include, but not limited to, K-12 education, diversity promotion, medical students, resident physicians, and rural practice support.
Yankton Rural Area Health Education Center
1000 West 4th Street, Ste 5
Yankton, SD 57078
605.655.1400 main line
605.668.8483 fax line
Interested in a South Dakota Tour? Click here for more information.
Transportation will be provided on the following dates and times.
- Wednesday, September 21, 2011 depart at 2:45 p.m. from Sioux Falls Regional Airport to Yankton Hotels
- Wednesday, September 21, 2011 depart at 6:00 p.m. from Sioux Falls Regional Airport to CLIC Poster Session at Avera Pavilion, Yankton
- Saturday, September 24, 2011 depart from Yankton Hotels to Sioux Falls Regional Airport at 6:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 24, 2011 depart from Yankton Hotels to Sioux Falls Regional Airport at 10:30 a.m.
Transportation will also be provided from the following hotels to and from the conference:
- Best Western Kelly Inn
- Holiday Inn Express
- Days Inn