Advance Directive Planning
The following Web sites and documents will allow you to either download or order the following tools or instruments in your discussion of end-of-life issues.
- Created by LifeCircle South Dakota and funded by the Wellmark Foundation.
- Sioux Falls Palliative Care Resource Directory may also be used as a template for other communities as they create their own palliative care document. If it is used as a template for your community, we would appreciate an acknowledgement such as this: The Sioux Falls Palliative Care Resource Directory (2009) was created by LifeCircle South Dakota and funded by the Wellmark Foundation. We gratefully acknowledge the help of LifeCircle South Dakota in permitting us to use the directory as a template for this publication.
Comfort One Resources
- Comfort One – Web site with document and bracelet for South Dakotans wishing to identify their wishes to emergency medical technicians and allow natural death to occur
- Comfort One Fact Sheet
- Comfort One Power Point for EMT/EMS Training. This was developed jointly with LifeCircle South Dakota and Director of Emergency Medical Services, State of South Dakota. This presentation will be used for EMT refresher training. Please use for any training sessions that require information on Advance Directives and Comfort One.
- Instrument often used by people to guide their discussion of end-of-life wishes with loved ones and professional caregivers (doctors, clergy, lawyers)
- Created by the South Dakota Comprehensive Cancer Consortium and South Dakota Hospice Organization
- You may also contact Holly Hoing, should you wish to have a quantity of these brochures sent to you (mailing costs attached to this option).
- Please contact:Holly Hoing (email@example.com) Hospice Inc. 200 East Dakota Pierre, SD 57501 605-945 0827