Section of Ethics and Humanities
- Provide a curriculum in bioethics that is integrated throughout the medical school experience.
- Supports and enhances ethical decision-making skills. It
- Fosters compassion, respect and integrity when facing ethical challenges.
- Initiate and are involved in most ethics and humanities activities and teaching at the medical school.
- Provide foundational courses in biomedical ethics, elective experiences, and faculty development seminars.
- Work cooperatively with other organizations to sponsor bioethics education that encourages interdisciplinary cooperation and provides the community with bioethics information and resources.
- LifeCircle South Dakota: Partners Improving End of Life Care
- Center for Ethics & Caring at Sanford Health
- Augustana College for graduate and undergraduate coursework