Cardiovascular Disease Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program located in Sioux Falls, SD.
Please understand that acceptance into our program requires:
- Completion of an accredited three-year residency in Internal Medicine
- Commitment to completion of a three-year fellowship in our Cardiovascular Fellowship Program
- Successful completion of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) exam for advancement
- Successful completion of the Internal Medicine Board exam
- Commitment to sitting for the Cardiovascular Disease subspecialty board examination after successful completion of the fellowship
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications for Fellowship positions beginning July 2015, will be processed by ERAS starting July 2014. This program does participate in the Medical Specialties Matching Program.
The deadline to apply for the 2015-2016 academic year is September 1, 2014.
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Recent photo of self
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Letter from IM Program Director (in addition to the 2 LORs above)
- Letter from most recent employer (if applicable)
- Official USMLE transcript that includes Steps 1-3
If you are a foreign medical graduate, we must also receive:
- A valid ECFMG certificate
- Copy of current visa or green card
Please note: The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship program will not accept applications from those on H1B Visas (J-1 is acceptable).
Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview. The application must be completed and all required documentation must be received before an interview invitation will be extended.