A Sanford School of Medicine internist possesses the depth and breadth of knowledge to be a consultant, especially in rural settings, with the skills to care for patients with multi-system complex illnesses in an inpatient and outpatient setting, including intensive care units.
Established in 1975, the program has grown and prospered, attracting a high quality resident staff due to its excellent unique teaching climate, a strong clinically oriented program and a dedicated faculty.
- 8 new categorical residents accepted each year
- 24 total categorical residents in 3-year program
- 73% of our graduates practice primary care internal medicine
- 59% practice in the state of South Dakota
Internal medicine graduates have pursued fellowships in the following specialties and in the following locations:
More About our Program
- Application Requirements
- Rotation Schedules
- Core Faculty and Administrators
- Current Residents
- Internal Medicine Portal
- Training Verification