Pediatric Application Requirements
Application Requirements for U.S. or Canadian Medical/Osteopathic School Graduates
United States or Canadian medical school graduates must graduate from an LCME-accredited or AOA-accredited school.
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE transcript or COMLEX transcript
- Candidate must be able to be licensed in the state of South Dakota, which mandates passage of each USMLE component in three or less attempts, and completion of all three USMLE components within a seven-year time span
Additional Requirements for International Medical School Graduates
Below are the minimum requirements for foreign medical graduates that must be met in order to be considered for an interview.
- All requirements as stated above for U.S. or Canadian Medical/Osteopathic Graduates
- Passing scores on Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS of the USMLE
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two letters from U.S. physicians with first-hand knowledge of the applicant's U.S. clinical experience
- Candidate must be ECFMG certified to be considered for a position
- There is no published cut-off for year of graduation from medical school, but a candidate is required to provide evidence of continuous work in the medical field since graduation
- Program does not sponsor J-1 and H1b visas (candidate must bear costs), but will assist with the necessary paperwork. We are exempt from H1b cap (Note: We do not allow F-1 visas with OPT.)
- To be considered for an H1b visa, candidates must have documentation through ERAS of a passing score on USMLE Step 3 on file by February 1 ("will take" or "score pending" cannot be recognized as a passing score)
Our typical interview day starts at 8 a.m. and will be concluded by approximately 2:30 p.m.