Requirements for South Dakota LEND Program Applicants
Applicants must be full-time graduate students with full acceptance in one of the required programs at USD, South Dakota State University or Augustana University.
Applicants should be pursing graduate studies in:
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Care Administration
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- School Psychology
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Complete an application.
- Submit a recommendation from the applicant's academic department
- Be willing to make a 12-month commitment
Each trainee receiving stipend support from grant funds must be a citizen of the United States or, as an alien, must have been admitted to the United States with a permanent resident visa.
Academic Advantages for Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program
- Conduct collaborative research
- Observe and participate in assessments and treatment-planning with qualified professionals in clinical settings
- Participate in treatment aspects of care under the supervision of practicing professionals
Other Advantages for Trainees in the South Dakota LEND Program
- Two-thirds reduced tuition rates
- A yearly stipend of $8,000 distributed in monthly installments
- Great work experience for personal growth and resume inclusion