Rapid City is the second-largest city in South Dakota, sheltered by the Black Hills with hundreds of miles of hiking trails. With five national parks and monuments within an hour's drive, you'll be close to Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Crazy Horse Memorial, Badlands National Park, Custer State Park, two national caves and many more popular destinations.
Medical School Campus
- Located in downtown Rapid City
- Began providing training for medical students in 1948
- Third- and fourth-year students can complete clerkships on campus
Rapid City Student Ambulatory Clinic
- Located at multiple locations in Rapid City
- Two students are assigned to the same primary care specialist
- Majority of time is spent in clinic
Matthew Simmons, M.D.
Heather Buckley, campus education coordinator, Heather.M.Buckley@usd.edu
Stephanie Oates, senior secretary, Stephanie.Oates@usd.edu