Thank you for your interest in the Sanford School of Medicine cardiovascular disease fellowship program located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Acceptance into our program requires:
- Completion of an accredited three-year residency in internal medicine
- Commitment to completion of a three-year fellowship in our cardiovascular fellowship program
- Successful completion of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) exam for advancement
- Successful completion of the internal medicine board exam
- Commitment to sitting for the cardiovascular disease subspecialty board examination after successful completion of the fellowship
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications for fellowship positions beginning July 2017, will be processed by ERAS starting July 2016. This program participates in the Medical Specialties Matching Program.
The deadline to apply for the 2017-2018 academic year is September 1, 2016.
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Recent photo of self
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Letter from IM program director (in addition to the 2 letters of recommendation above)
- Letter from most recent employer (if applicable)
- Official USMLE transcript that includes steps 1-3
If you are a foreign medical graduate, we must also receive:
- A valid ECFMG certificate
- Copy of current visa or green card
Only the most qualified candidates will be invited to interview. The application must be completed and all required documentation must be received before an interview invitation will be extended.