VERMILLION, S.D. -- Sanford Vermillion announced a flu vaccination clinic will be held at the Muenster University Center on the campus of The University of South Dakota from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
Vaccinations are being offered to USD students who only meet the vaccine qualifying criteria. A USD Student ID will need to be presented at the time of the vaccine.
Two options will be available for students: flu vaccination for $20 or flu mist for $25.
Who should receive a flu shot?
- Everyone who wants to reduce the risk of becoming ill with influenza or of transmitting it to others should get a flu shot. Certain groups are at higher risk and are strongly recommended to receive the vaccination:
- All children ages six months and up
- Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant during the flu season
- People 50 years and older
- Adults and children with certain chronic conditions
To prevent transmission to high-risk populations, vaccination is also recommended for:
- Healthcare workers
- Caregivers of children less than six months of age and adults over age 50
- Adults and children who live with children less than six months of age
- Adults and children who live with or care for persons with medical conditions that put them at higher risk for severe complications from influenza.
For more information about flu or a flu vaccination, visit the CDC Web site at www.cdc.gov/Features/FLU/.