Veterans' Services Home
Veterans' Services, a division within the Office of the Registrar, assists veterans of the United States armed forces, reservists and their dependents with applying for and receiving education benefits in compliance with the regulations of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), other federal agencies and the State of South Dakota.
You may be eligible to claim VA benefits at USD by meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the following categories:
- Active duty and veterans of active duty (Chapter 30 Active Duty)
- Veterans using the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Individuals using the Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
- Veterans who served at least 90 days of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001 (Chapter 33: Post 9-11 GI Bill)
- Individuals eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
- Current National Guard and Reserve Personnel (Chapter 1606)
- Current National Guard and Reserve Personnel called to duty for 90 days or more after Sept. 10, 2001 (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
Federal Tuition Assistance
State of South Dakota Military, Veteran and Dependent Programs
|Opportunities for Servicemembers - USD is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunities College (SOC) Consortium and is committed to providing quality academic programs to veterans, active-duty military students and their family members.|
Military Friendly - USD ranks among G.I. Jobs magazine's top "Military Friendly Schools" for its efforts in embracing military service personnel and veterans as students.
|Best for Vets - USD is ranked as a "Best for Vets" college by Military Times Edge based on academic accreditation, central veterans' offices and staff knowledgeable on veterans' issues.|
|Military Advanced Education (MAE) - Military Advanced Education's "Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities" provides potential students with information about institutions that implement military-friendly policies in support of men and women in uniform.|