Veterans' Services Home
Veterans' Services, a division within the Office of the Registrar, assists veterans of the United States armed forces, reservists and survivors and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans applying for and receiving education benefits in compliance with the regulations of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
You may be eligible to claim VA benefits at USD by meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the following categories:
- Active duty servicepersons (Chapter 30 Active Duty)
- Veterans on the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Individuals on the Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
- Veterans serving at least 90 days of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001 (Chapter 33: Post 9-11 GI Bill)
- Individuals eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
- National Guard and Reserve Personnel (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Personnel called to duty for 90 days or more (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
Military Friendly - USD ranks among G.I. Jobs magazine's top "Military Friendly Schools" for its efforts in embracing military service personnel and veterans as students.
|Best for Vets - USD is ranked as a "Best for Vets" college by Military Times Edge based on academic accreditation, central veterans' offices and staff knowledgeable on veterans' issues.|