Veterans New to USD
- Submit the new student counseling form.
- Submit the University's veteran's information form l Online Version
- Mail a copy of your DD 214 to Veterans' Services. It will be evaluated for up to 6 undergraduate credits.
- Submit the online application, also known as the 22-1990. The information goes to the VA.**
- Complete your monthly verification the last day of each month.
**Supporting documents are required to obtain payment. Contact your unit to receive copies of your DD 214 and (if applicable) your kicker contract, NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility Contract) and orders to active duty. Mail all supporting documents to the following address as soon as you've submitted your online application:
St. Louis Regional Office
400 South 18th Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Survivors and Dependents
- Submit the new student counseling form
- Submit the University veteran's information form
- Submit the application, also known as the 22-5490. The information goes to the VA.
If you are receiving Chapter 31 benefits, please contact your case manager. Your case manager will provide us with a 1905, which we return to verify your enrollment.
- Sioux Falls Voc Rehab: (605) 333-6845
- Rapid City Voc Rehab: (605) 394-5070
Visit the USD Military Admissions page for further information on applying and enrolling at the University of South Dakota.