The purpose for the Advertising Policy is to insure that all campus organizations have equal access to free public advertising space and to equalize opportunities for effective, non-redundant placement of materials.
- All signs must be brought to the Muenster Center Information Desk for approval. The Student Center staff will be responsible for hanging all signs. The Student Center staff will remove any non-approved signs.
- All posters must display the name of the recognized student organization or campus organization that is sponsoring the activity.
- Publicity for events or meetings may be posted for a maximum two-week period. After two weeks, the Student Center staff will remove the sign.
- Posting will be limited to one printed item per event at anytime and posted on a first come/first serve basis.
- Signs will be limited in size as follows, posters larger than the dimensions below will be treated as banners and must be reserved through the MUC Information Desk:
- Flyers - 8.5" x 11".
- Posters - 11" x 17".
- Signs will not be approved if:
- The sign promotes the sale of products for profit.
- The sign specifies alcohol or displays alcoholic trademarks or copyright concepts.
- Signs will be removed the day after the event and will be disposed of accordingly.
- Reservations are taken at the MUC Information Desk.
- Space for banners may be reserved up to one year in advance.
- All current advertising policies apply:
- Maximum size - 36" x 68".
- Limit one banner per event.
- Posting is limited to a maximum of seven consecutive days.
- Banners must be taken to the MUC Information Desk and the Information Desk Staff will then post the banner.
Table Tents (Napkin Holder Inserts)
- Table tent space in the Commons is reserved through the Muenster Center Information Desk.
- Table tent space in the Muenster Center can only be reserved by recognized student organizations or student services staff.
- Each table tent reservation is for 25 napkin holder inserts, which is ¼ of the total slots available.
- Only one table tent reservation per org/event is allowed.
- Guidelines for table tents are as follows:
- Table tents may be displayed for a maximum of three consecutive days per advertised event.
- Tents must be printed on card stock and may not exceed 6.5" wide x 4.25" high.
- Table tents will be placed and removed by Student Services Staff.
Exceptions to this policy will be at the discretion of the Dean of Students. Any violators of this policy may have their advertising privileges revoked and charged a fee. Adopted by the Union Advisory Board November 4, 1997.